Recipes

Translate

Thursday 20 February 2020

A Quandry

   Just a quick post as not much to report. Volunteering in the kitchen at the senior's centre yesterday and Probus meeting this morning. Then we went for lunch at Red Lobster. I just had a salad but one too many of RL's delicious little warm biscuits. Left feeling stuffed so came home and made some soup which is all I will have for dinner and I am sure I won't be hungry until later.

   I am having a hard time with the restricted eating schedule. For instance, this morning I couldn't (or shouldn't) eat breakfast until 9:30 a.m. to give me a 14 hour fast, but had to leave for Probus then. This evening I won't want to eat until after 7:00 p.m. but will be leaving early tomorrow mornning for a 9:00a.m. fitness class. What's better, eat first or wait until after class? I think I need something a bit more nourishing than water before exercising.

3 comments:

  1. I have been doing time restricted eating for almost a year with a few lapses here and there. It works well for me, but I can understand that it won't suit everyone. I finish eating by 8:00PM or earlier and I don't eat "breakfast" until 11 or 12 the next day. I get up before 6AM and take the dogs for a 45-60 minute walk and then do a short run for about 2 miles. Come back and shower and enjoy a glass of iced tea (sweetened with splenda). Then putter around the computer and doing household chores until time to eat. I don't have any problem exercising while fasting. I try to get my heart rate up to peak levels (145-165) for at least 30 min. I am 65 and fairly fit. When I am in social setting during my fasting times, I just say my stomach is not ready for food yet and leave it at that. This works great for me and I am very pleased with the health benefits of a low resting heart rate (56 or so) and good BP and cholesterol levels with no medication. Try the class while fasting and see how it goes - you might need to work at a lower intensity the first few times you work out while fasting. If you don't feel well, then next time be sure to eat beforehand. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice, Wilma. I did manage the exercise class before eating and had no problems but I don't think I could manage as long a fast as you do. Keeping myself distracted from wanting to eat (or even just nibble) is the hardest part for me.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete