Recipes

Translate

Sunday 15 July 2018

Another Scorcher!

    I have been hiding indoors today as the thermometer hit 36C this afternoon - that's 97F and that was in the shade! It has cooled off a bit but still over 30C at 7:00 p.m.

    I played tennis this morning but, after a short warm up and two games, I was pretty much done. I managed to complete the set but Kathy and Helen beat Susan and me 6-1!  Thank goodness it was a short set. Home for a swim and a nap (I didn't get much sleep last night) and the rest of the day spent reading with another dip or two. The garden is in need of a good soaking. My current book is "By Gaslight" by Steven Price. Very good!

Cherry tomatoes ripening nicely. I have had a couple with lunch for the last few days.


2 comments:

  1. Hot. Your cherry tomatoes are coming along nicely. It may rain today (Monday), so that may take the edge off of this heat (and help our your tomatoes), -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lucky you getting tomatoes already. Mine are just starting to flower & keeping them watered is a task in this heat & humidity. I'm saying nice things to Mother Nature so she'll bless us with some much needed rain!
    ... Mary-Lou =^..^=

    ReplyDelete