Recipes

Translate

Sunday 6 October 2013

No Sun All Weekend

    It has been a pretty miserable weekend, weather-wise. Rainy or overcast with not a hint of sun or blue skies. Luckily, I had lots of plans so time did not hang heavily on my hands. In fact, I could have done with a little more time to nap!

    Saturday morning, chores and shopping. Afternoon, meeting with Wayne and his Membership Committee. Evening, arrive at Crescent School for the monthly dance at 7:20 and set up the 50-50 draw table. Sell tickets, do some dances, have tea and snacks, more dancing, then head home around 10:30. I didn't manage to stay to the end or drop in on Margaret's after dance party, but it had been a busy day.

    Today not quite so hectic but I am still feeling the effects of yesterday. Just a demo practice in the afternoon which I would have been happy to miss. I haven't signed up for any demos yet this year as my energy level is still pretty low. Hopefully, things will improve as the medication is reduced. However, we finished off the session with one of my favourite dances, Chrysanthemum. It's a square dance and is really fun to do, once you have memorized it. Now to relax and enjoy a roast chicken and veggies dinner. Yum!

   I had one interesting thing happen yesterday at the liquor store - I picked up a really inexpensive bottle of Chardonnay but it came up as more expensive at the checkout. When I queried it, it turned out that it had been incorrectly labelled (the price listed was actually for a half bottle) but they had to give it to me for the listed price! I will really enjoy drinking it.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment