Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 9 October 2013

A Bit of Gardening


   I have decided to get rid of the violets behind the pool as they were threatening to take over the whole back border and even spreading into the grassy patch by the bench. Luckily their roots are not deep and next spring there will be room for a few strategically placed perennials, maybe some more sedum which I love.
First half done - so much better!



Still a lot to go.

There were originally some yellow flowers in the second spot but they seem to have been completely pushed out. Perhaps I will find them as I start to remove the violets. Then it's on to the peonies which need to be cut back and tidied up. There's always something to do in the garden.

   Dancing at Petronella tonight - their first night of the season and I hope to sell some tickets to the Scarborough Christmas Dinner and Dance. First off, left-over lasgana roll-ups; I like to have an easy meal on the nights I go out, so I don't need to rush around cooking something,so warming up leftovers is ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment