Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 4 July 2023

Temperatures Rising

 Too hot today (32C) to sit outside or work in the garden. I tried this afternoon after my second swim but was very quickly scorched. So all I did was give the plants a good soaking and fill the bird bath before retiring indoors. I have less shade in the back yard since the Blue Spruce came down last summer so it can be blisteringly hot.

    My first swim was after tennis, around 11:00 a.m. and it was SO refreshing! The water was just under 80F and gained a couple of degrees by the afternoon. No need for the heater today. So I spent the afternoon indoors reading and working on my latest jigsaw puzzle with the AC humming away. This is just the second really hot humid spell we have had here this summer so we can count ourselves lucky to have avoided the extremes that have afflicted other parts of the continent.



No comments:

Post a Comment