Recipes

Translate

Thursday 6 July 2023

Break In The Weather

    It was extremely hot and humid again this morning, getting up to 31C, but some cooler weather rolled in this afternoon along with some rain. It's now 23C but still quite humid. Much more bearable, however. I should be able to sleep well tonight.

    I was in the pool twice today for a much needed cooling off, once after tennis and again after doing a bit of gardening. I don't think I could work in the garden without being able to take a dip afterwards. The flowers are doing well but the weeds are going crazy!

My clematis has finally decided to bloom. It had no flowers last year at all as it had to be moved when the back fence was rebuilt so I wasn't sure I would get anything this year again. However, some fresh compost and some TLC seem to have done the trick.

    


After spending the winter indoors, it always takes a while for this plant to get going. I counted five more buds on the way. It gets full sun for the afternoon and early evening.

4 comments:

  1. Your hibiscus is doing well - what a beautiful bloom. Yeah to your clematis blooming. I know mine took a bit to get going & I remember that they like their feet in the shade, their heads in the sun. I am certainly enjoying the cooler morning & less humidity (so far) - windows open for fresh air. Hopefully you got some of that rain to help fill up the pool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My other hibiscus doesn't look like any flowers are forming but it may surprise me yet!

      Delete
  2. The two clematis in the garden here are doing exceptionally well this year. the one similar to yours is heavy with all of the blooms. I took a cutting off of it two years ago and that one has blooms this year too.
    It does feel more comfortable today, Friday.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I have been successful with this one I think I might try for another next year.

      Delete