Recipes

Translate

Sunday 7 November 2021

The Plum Pudding

      It is 5:30 and it is already dark!  The clocks went back last night so we will be spending more time indoors with the lights on, I guess. There has been lots of talk of stopping Daylight Savings time but I like the lighter evenings in Spring and Summer.    

   The Christmas plum pudding was steamed today and turned out well. I soaked the fruit overnight (I am not usually well enough organized to do this) and that made the actual preparation much easier. Now to pack it away to mature for a few weeks!


One last rose from the garden. There is another bud but I don't think it will survive the frost long enough to  open.


12 comments:

  1. The last rose of summer is always special. Your plum pud looks delicious. My mother used to inject hers with brandy regularly as it was maturing!
    Caroline :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The recipe calls for brandy but I used cognac. I don't "feed" it while it is maturing but it will be flambeed before we dig into it.

      Delete
  2. That plum pudding looks delicious, and the rose is so pretty. I've just pulled out the last of the wildflowers from the garden. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to read that the stove dilemma did not impact your Christmas pudding making. Your rose photo reminds me I too need to get into the garden & clip the last few rose buds & bring inside. Your burning bush in your header photo is so brilliant in colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually have two of then, both brilliant at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum the pudding looks wonderful.

    The colour of your rose amazing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually serve it with Devon custard. All the family really like it. It is a staple at our Christmas meal.

      Delete
  6. Those two pics do bring joy don't they. Do you really think there has been any more talk this year than any other year? I hope they don't change it, I like the extra light in summer as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think it will happen in the next year or two - so many complaints about the disruption to our lives with the twice yearly time change.

      Delete
  7. Yes, it is over the kitchen sink so I have something to look at while washing the dishes!

    ReplyDelete