Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 16 November 2021

Saying Goodbye at Rosemary and Thyme

    You will be tired of seeing the same four faces in my photos but, truthfully, these are the only people, other than family, I am seeing at the moment. Things are very slowly opening up here and we are ultra cautious about venturing out. The masks only came off when we sat down at the table. Brunch was lovely especially the endless coffee. Cathy and I had Eggs Florentine and the other two had different breakfast specials.

This was our final get-together of the year as we go our separate ways now that tennis is over. My first meal out since I was treated to a meal in a restaurant for my birthday in September 2020!



    Cathy (in red checks) will be playing tennis in Florida come January but the rest of us will be on hiatus from tennis until April at the earliest. After this taste of "life after Covid", I am excitedly looking forward to the family Festive Special outing at Swiss Chalet next month! We had to miss it last year for the first time in about 10 years.

14 comments:

  1. Isn't it lovely to spend time with friends and start to feel normal again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of chat and laughs about the year gone by. I will miss seeing them at our weekly tennis games.

      Delete
  2. What a great way to celebrate the end of the season. April will be upon us again before we know it. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a happy/sad occasion but the food was good and the company even better.

      Delete
  3. How wonderful you were able to gather like old times. Let's hope 2022 will be like old pre-pandemic times too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting a little braver about mixing in public as you just don't know who may be a carrier even though they are fully vaccinated.

      Delete
  4. What a fun time for you to gather with friends for a meal. Mr Man was talking excitedly about Swiss Chalet's Festive Special - it is the first time he's talked about eating something other than what I make. Truly a sign of returning the familiar. Yes let's celebrate all the small victories & milestones of familiar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so bored of my own cooking but at least I have been a few times for a meal at my daughter's.

      Delete
  5. I am glad you have some very special friends to share this crazy world we live in now. Y'all look like a fun bunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been remarkably well suited for the last 18 months!

      Delete
  6. Wonderful you were able to get together, hope 2022 will bring more of those special days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what will sustain me over the next few months!

      Delete
  7. How lovely that you got to spend time together and break bread.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Chris from wet, wet Spain! People hide here when it rains. Crazy I know but they just aren't used to it! That is a lovely snapshot of you and your friends and of course everyone smiling. It is so good to be able to get together isn't it. I am really looking forward to meeting up with a group of teacher friends, our yearly lunch together is due any day now. Keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete