Recipes

Translate

Saturday 6 November 2021

Returning to Normal

    I had an overnight guest (actually two nights) this week - my DIL from Victoria who stopped off in the city after a holiday in Newfoundland. That is where she is from and still has many friends there. She was busy while with me, seeing friends here too but we had to make sure to stop in to see her niece and nephews (my grandkids) before she left. We had a nice family dinner with them and got caught up on everyone`s news.

  Other than that it has been a quiet week. On Thursday I had two Zoom meetings to attend which ran a bit too long. Usually I find Zoom meetings can go quite efficiently but that was not the case this time - too much to discuss, I guess! We had to decide when to start up activities again although nothing was settled. It will probably be 2022 before we can get back to our normal schedule, just waiting for the go ahead from Head Office and the Health Department.

   One piece of good news! The Probus club I belong to is planning an in-person Christmas lunch which will be exciting. I haven`t eaten in a restaurant since my birthday in September 2020! It will depend on whether sufficient people are interested as we need at least 50 to sign up. I got my name in right away. Fingers crossed it`s a `go`!

   

    

9 comments:

  1. How exciting to have the Christmas lunch to look forward to. We are still limited with numbers (Melbourne Aus) so I doubt there will be any big gatherings in the short term. Family get togethers mean so much more now after not being able to see people for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised by it. The other two social groups that I belong to aren`t having any in-person meetings yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that your DIL stayed with you for a few days and you could get together with some of the family.

    Hope your Christmas lunch is a go.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't often have out-of-town visitors (well, hardly ever) so it was especially nice.

      Delete
  4. It's nice to have something like that to look forward to, isn't it? Let's hope it comes off.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it will depend on how many feel comfortable being around other people.

      Delete
  5. Glad you had a nice visit with your DIL, so nice to catch up on family news.
    Hope your Christmas lunch is a go, something to look forward to, there is not much of that taking place these days. Fingers crossed for you and the group.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have been meeting over Zoom but it's not the same as face-to-face!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice to have time to catch up with your DIL. I will keep my fingers crossed for in-person Christmas celebrations for us all.

    ReplyDelete