Recipes

Translate

Monday 17 May 2021

Bleeding Hearts

    Sore back and hip today from preparing the vegetable garden yesterday. But that's mostly done so I had time to examine what else was going on in my garden.


   This is one of five Bleeding Heart plants spread around the front and back borders, all from one original plant. It tends to self propogate (shoots spring up close to the mother plant) and only requires  a transplant of the new growth which seems to establish itself quite easily.

    We are set to have a beautiful week of sunny skies and high temperatures. The nights are still cool but no hint of frost!   

6 comments:

  1. That is a very pretty plant. I haven't seen it around here much although I am sure that it would grow here.
    Lucky you with the weather. Still cool here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It blooms early but its foliage is quite pretty as the summer progresses.

      Delete
  2. Well done you getting the veggie patch worked. Your Bleeding Heart is quite further on from ours & it's lovely. I like Bleeding Hearts, they remind me of my Gran's & Mother's gardens. I just transplanted two babies (pink) to work within the ferns. My white Bleeding Heart does not self seed as freely :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to find two more tomato plants today (at the grocery store of all places) so I am pretty much done except for watering and fertilizing.

      Delete
  3. I had that plant when we lived in Scotland, it’s lovely, I think I’ve forgotten more plants than I ever grew after 6 years in an apartment and on and off Italian gardening so thanks for letting me share yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I`m just waiting for the lilacs to bloom - should be any day now!

    ReplyDelete