Recipes

Translate

Friday 7 May 2021

A New Experience

    I had an interesting experience today - I was the "Mystery Reader" to my daughter's kindergarten class. This was all done online so I had the opportunity to see how all that works. I was very impressed at how hard she has to work to engage the children.

   After I read the book (Fancy Nancy - I kept calling her Francie) the children got to ask questions and I showed them a photo of Judy when she was just a bit older than them. They were fascinated but Judy was quite mortified. Luckily she laughed it off. I would definitely like to do that again. Hope I am invited back!


  It is Mother's Day here on Sunday and son (in Victoria B.C.) sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers since he can't be here in person. Also some delicious chocolates. We are both chocaholics so he knows what I like!


4 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful. It must have been a lot of fun to read to your daughter's class and I do hope you get invited back.
    Happy Mother's Day X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they have a Mystery Reader every Friday. So I'm sure if I volunteer, I will be asked back.

      Delete
  2. What fun to read to the kids & I guess it's good for them to know Ms Teacher was once a child just like them. Beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They guessed right away who was in the photo!

      Delete