Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 9 September 2020

A Last Visit

    Last visit from the grandkids today as they go back to school soon and will be exposed to new infections, no doubt. We had a farewell hug but I hope to see them in about a month when we celebrate Thanksgiving.

   While they were here I got Elliot to vacuum the pool so that it is ready for closing next Monday. That will be a sad day! He found a drowned mouse at the bottom of the deep end but managed to fish it out.  Also, they put away all the pool "toys" as they won't be needed again until next year. No chance of a last swim as it is a very unseasonal 16C today.

   James and I made buttertart squares but they were still too hot to cut before they left so I sent them back to their place and have no idea how they turned out. It was a new recipe and he did it almost all by himself - very little guidance required. They certainly smelled good! Judy will bring some back on her way to work tomorrow.

One of my house guests on her comfy bed.

2 comments:

  1. What a shame about the pool although the number of days on would want to swim outdoors are fairly limited now, I suppose. Poor little mouse!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the second one I've had this year and a fledgling sparrow.

      Delete