Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 1 April 2015

Finally Spring!

   A beautiful day today - I managed an hour in the garden, tidying up and then just sitting basking in the sun. It felt so warm on my face, I could almost believe I was back in Portugal! Some Spring flowering bulbs are beginning to push up but it will be some time until they are in flower.


Inside "The Angry Friar"


    One of my favourite tours while based in Albufeira was to Gibralter where I dined in true Brit fashion at the "Angry Friar". I had a sumptuous feast of Steak and Ale Pie with loads of "chips". I also shopped at Marks and Spencers for some traditional English goodies - battered fish and Rhubarb Crumble. Luckily we were heading back to Albufeira that day so I had it for dinner.

   We also visited St. Michael's Caves which has a magnificent display of stalactites and stalagmites. This is where the Barbary Apes hang out but they were in small numbers as the day was wet and windy. The grotto was quite spectacular with colourful displays. Gibralter itself is a quaint little town with windy pedestrian streets which we explored in the afternoon. 
 
This is a cross-section of a very large stalagmite showing the layers that formed over billions of years.





No comments:

Post a Comment