Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Feeling Guilty

   Nearly two weeks since my last entry but I have excuses! First, my computer was refusing to log on to the internet unless plugged directly into the box. So, no typing in front of the fire with the TV on! Then there were a few days when things were rather hectic. However, since last weekend I have no excuse except a bad case of laziness.

    We have been having more seasonable weather recently which has included a big dump of snow which necessitated the use of my snowblower. it worked well but I have found it has a nasty habit of losing power because the battery has come loose from its casing. It took me a while to work this out but now I know just to open the cover and push it back down. Problem solved.

   The last of the Robbie Burns demos was today, just as I am finally perfecting the dances. I hope we use the same ones next year. We have a demo practice on Sunday then it will be time for me to pack away my dancing shoes until after my vacation. I will be glad of the break!

   I played tennis on Tuesday, also probably the last time until April by which time we may be playing outside. I did 20 laps of the pool last Thursday and it seems to be getting easier. Today I did a stint behind the counter of the coffee bar at the Senior's Centre. It was a good way to get to know some of the regulars as they all like to have a chat as they are purchasing their tea or coffee. Tomorrow I will be back to play Bridge and again on Friday for Fitness class.
 
   Cabbage rolls and roasted potato casserole for dinner tonight - a repeat of yesterday's meal but it was so good I am really looking forward to it. I made the cabbage rolls with ground lamb and they were very tasty and juicy. I can tell the food is ready so time to open a bottle of the red! 

No comments:

Post a Comment