Recipes

Translate

Friday 13 February 2015

Record Breaking Temperatures

    This was the sight that greeted me when I opened the blinds this morning - a record low temperature! It did get up to -10C by the afternoon but still very chilly. More snow is forecast for tonight but not a great amount. The last snowfall of Wednesday still needed some clearing so I worked on it until I got too cold.


    After Fitness class this morning (and a chin-wag over coffee after) I picked up some groceries in case I am snowed in tomorrow. Later I made a mushroom and egg tart I found in my current favourite cookbook, "My Paris Kitchen" by David Lebovitz. I got it from the library and have tried a couple of recipes already. Yesterday it was Baba Ganoush - an eggplant dip which turned out quite well. Today's tart had an unusual crust made with just flour, cornmeal, salt and an egg - no water and it came together and rolled out well.

     The cats got into some mischief today - I have had to hide the bags of food in another spot as one (or both) of them chewed holes in the bags. There were food pellets all over the place and I have no idea how much they ate before I noticed. I don't think it was much as they were still hungry at lunch time. Seemingly Blaze can open the hall closet with his nose!
Hey guys! At least wait 'til the bowls are on the floor!!
 
Checking out the birds at the feeders.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment