Recipes

Translate

Thursday 13 February 2014

A Busy Afternoon

   Quiet morning - just dithered around until 11:30 then went for a walk as the sun was shining. I felt a bit guilty about not heading to the slopes - I've had my skis in the car for the last few weeks - but actually when I got outside, the wind was quite brisk so I was glad to not spend too much time outdoors.

   After lunch and a nap I headed to the swimming pool - 12 laps and a dip in the hot tub. Then I headed to Kennedy Commons for the Kitchen Plus store. I was looking for a new frying pan and I found a double deal - two frying pans for just a little more than the price of one! Then I headed to Metro to cash in my Air Miles and scored a stuffed chicken for $4.00 off so it was basically free. Of course I bought other stuff so ended up spending more than I meant to. Who said "never shop on an empty stomach"!

   On them way home I dropped into Home Depot to get a new cover for the drain in the basement. However it looks like the wrong size but  I will wait until I get the new floor in there before exchanging it.  Anyhoo the chicken is now roasting in the oven along with potatoes and I will cook some cabbage in an hour or so. I also got some smoked mackerel on which I am currently snacking with a glass of Cuvee Saint Pierre - it is delicious but I will ration myself to just one glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment