Recipes

Translate

Thursday 1 August 2013

First post of August

   The rain was pouring down during the night so rather a damp start to the day. I had the last of the raspberries on my cereal then went to check out the tennis courts around 9:00 a.m.(we usually have a social on Thursdays) but they were pretty soggy, so came home for a quiet morning. It's now a comfortable mix of sun and clouds. I hope the rain is finished for the next week as the Roger's Cup starts on Saturday with the qualifying rounds. The Main Draw starts on Monday.
  
   Later my travel package arrived so I was able to spend a pleasant half-hour going through it - the names and locations of my fellow-travellers (mostly Canadians), bios on the Campus Director and guest lecturers, and more information on the itinerary, hotels etc. So now it's time to start collecting my travel documents and making sure everything is up-to-date.

   Last night's dinner came almost completely from my garden, except for some pasta, two mushrooms and a few shrimp from the freezer. I used an onion, cherry tomatoes, swiss chard and parsley to make a very colourful plateful. I chopped the swiss chard and wilted it like spinach. Topped it off with grated parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment