Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 22 November 2022

A Short Update

 I had a busy weekend, supervising the grandkids while their parents were away for a quick jaunt down to the Bahamas. I arrived on Friday afternoon and went back home on Monday morning once they had all left for school. The kids were quite able to entertain themselves and my biggest chore was driving James to hockey practices. All the meals were laid on so I didn't even need to do any cooking!

   However, I seem to have picked up a bug (headache and nausea) and have spent today taking it easy. I usually go out on Tuesday evenings but will spend tonight in front of the fire with the TV on.

13 comments:

  1. What a nuisance coming home with a bug. The little break sounds lovely - how thoughtful to provide all the meals as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling better today - went to my exercise class.

      Delete
  2. Take care of yourself and hope you feel back to normal soon.Looking after grandkids is exhausting whatever their age!Barbarax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all (or almost) teenagers so I was just there in case of emergencies.

      Delete
  3. Chris I hope you feel better soon. How kind of you to look after the Grandkids & better yet that your daughter had all the meals prepared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was certainly a big help as I don't know my way around her kitchen.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. The nausea has gone so I am back to eating normally.

      Delete
  5. Pretty much back to normal today, thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you are almost back to normal. Getting to spend some time with the grandchildren was probably priceless.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was certainly an entertaining weekend!

      Delete
  7. Glad the bug did not hang around too long. Minding grands even if they are almost old enough to take care of themselves is exhausting. I found being out of my regular routine was the most difficult thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right! I was lost without my computer, puzzles and newspapers.

      Delete