Recipes

Translate

Friday 3 September 2021

Maybe the End of Summer

    The grandkids were over today for what might be the last swim of the summer for them. The nights have been cooler this week and it takes about 3 or 4 hours with the heater running to get the temperature up to their standards. I will keep having a daily dip until the water is just too cold even for me.

The boys were in for almost an hour, Natalie not so much!

 She barely managed to get immersed. As you can see, her hair is still dry.

Elliot noticed this cardinal snacking on a cicada on the back fence.
 We had a fun afternoon while Judy was getting her classroom ready for the start of school next week.



6 comments:

  1. I do think fall has arrived. Morning temperatures are coolish, and even though it gets up to the mid 20's here the wind seems to be chilly. To make it worse the trees are changing colour as well which is a definite sign.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to get in the pool and do my lengths today as it was still warm from yesterday, but there won't be many more days left.

      Delete
  2. I am certainly enjoying the cooler days & having the window open just a bit at night. Good cardinal, you get those bugs! (col).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This time of year is always bittersweet. I look forward to autumn days but I can't help mourning the loss of summer. I enjoyed my last outdoor swim of the year yesterday. The pool has now closed until the next summer season and the lake will definitely be too cold for me now. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping for a few more swims before the pool is closed in a couple of weeks - always a sad time!

      Delete