Recipes

Translate

Saturday 5 June 2021

Three "Firsts"

    The first "First" was picking some rhubarb from my one big plant which I did a couple of days ago. There was enough for a rhubarb crumble which I had over three days. It was very good!



    The second "First" was my first dip in the pool. It has been extremely hot for the past few days and the water temperature is now up to 70F. Very refreshing although I didn't stay in over long!

   The third "First" has still to be attempted - my first effort at making fish tacos. I eat fish quite frequently but have gotten rather bored with the few ways I prepare it. So, tonight is Fish Tacos night. I will load it up with veggies and make a Tartar sauce. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. We have just eaten the last of the rhubarb from the garden of our old house. We have left the plants for the new owners, although I hear they have plans to cover our veg patch with new decking.
    Good luck with the fish tacos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They turned out really well and were delicious - also easy to prepare.

      Delete
  2. Look forward to hearing about your fish tacos.We eat a lot of fish so I am interested in how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't have any tacos so just wrapped them in a croissant. They were delicious and so easy to prepare. I fried the fish in brown butter - delicious - and added the toppings and sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting, I always wondered how fish tacos were made. I need to get my rhubarb pie made and perhaps a crumble or two as well for the freezer. Still have lots to pick.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting for the strawberries to come in. Then I'll make a strawberry-rhubarb pie and some jam.

      Delete