Recipes

Translate

Friday 25 June 2021

Things Beginning to Open UP

    Got in most of my morning activities but it has been raining pretty steadily since then so no gardening. Luckily I have lots to read and I cheered myself up by baking a super gooey caramel and chocolate bar! 

   I went to my "other" tennis club this morning, not to play but to help run a social. Well, I did get on the court for a short while as we had a couple of "no shows". With COVID restrictions still in place we can't just drop in, we have to reserve a spot. It was wonderful to see all my old friends but we still miss being able to hang around to chat after playing. Later in the summer things may be back to more like normal.

   Some pretty things growing in my garden.



This is my first attempt at a pumpkin patch. I have two plants and this one has already produced a couple of flowers. It remains to be seen if they develop into pumpkins.


10 comments:

  1. The flowers are lovely and isn't it nice that things are opening up a bit more again now? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a very happy bunny. I get my second shot next week.

      Delete
  2. Having such beautiful flowers in the garden and living a little more socially all sounds good. I hope both continue to flourish, for al of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers. At least the rain will have helped them.
    Our borders are opening up on Monday. Scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're expecting the border with the US will open next month but only for people fully vaccinated. It is a scary thought, isn't it?

      Delete
  4. Very pretty flowers. I tried growing pumpkins one year & I learnt that there are male & female flowers. It will be fun to watch this plant develop over the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting. Maybe you need a minimum of two plants to get them to germinate. Hope I have one of each.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful flowers, I haven't grown pumpkins before either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to plot the progress (or non-progress) and post it here.

      Delete