Recipes

Translate

Sunday 27 June 2021

Hot!

    A heat wave has engulfed our part of the country although I hear it is worse out west. Today it is still 30C at 6:30 in the evening. The AC has clicked on for just the second time this summer - I keep it set at 25C - as I manage the heat in the house by closing windows and drapes first thing in the morning then opening everything up at night. Tonight I may not do that if it remains hot.

   We had an early (8:00 a.m.) game of tennis this morning but I only lasted until shortly after 9:00 as it was very humid. The others kept playing for another few minutes by which time they were pretty well done too. Home and straight into the pool! It's amazing how even a quick dip brings down your body temperature.

   I attempted a bit of gardening when it became overcast later in the afternoon and followed that up with another dip, but mainly I spent the afternoon reading in the shade. We could really do with a shower or two although that will probably just add to the humidity. It will probably continue this way for the rest of the week.


10 comments:

  1. How lovely to be able to cool off in the pool! Predicted temp for us today is 23 degrees, that's hot for Scotland!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't survive summer here without access to a pool.

      Delete
  2. Ah summer in southern Ontario ... hot humid & thank goodness for A/C. Like you I try to help the A/C by keeping drapes closed. Our weekend was sprinkled with showers throughout but in between, like you, I tried to get some weeding done. The wet soil releases those pesky weeds easier but after 2 buckets full, I retreated indoors, the humidity was too much. Thank goodness for books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My AC has been running since early this morning, quite unusual for me.

      Delete
  3. Love the heat - have you not had any rain?? We've been dumped on over the past few days, three hours away from you. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It rained pretty steadily all day Saturday but nothing since then.

      Delete
  4. So nice to have a pool to dip into when it is hot. It is still quite cool here but at least the sun is shining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's still chilly here in the UK and raining too. We have a good spell coming, they assure us. I do hope so. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed people at Wimbledon were all wearing sweaters!

      Delete