Recipes

Translate

Saturday 26 December 2020

White Christmas

    Yes, we had snow yesterday (and lots of it) and more today. Son had to dig us out to go to daughter's house for Christmas dinner, and again today. But at least it wasn't too cold and not a huge amount.

    We had a lovely dinner with the other family in our bubble and were careful not to get too close (no hugs and kisses!). But it was so nice to just hang out with some new faces. That is the first Christmas dinner I have not had to prepare in about 50 years although I did supply the roasties and the plum pudding. Hope daughter will take over soon as I have done my bit, and then some!




11 comments:

  1. Wow - Christmas snow. It looks lovely (albeit chilly) and I'm so glad you were able have a family Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just a short visit but very welcome.

      Delete
  2. Snow always makes a scene instantly more beautiful. I am glad you got to spend Christmas Day with good company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily it hasn't been too cold yet but there's still lots of winter to come!

      Delete
  3. You had a perfect white Christmas. All our snow has melted with rain. It's been cold but said to go to 50 degrees tomorrow. Our temps rise and fall dramatically. No snow in sight for us. Your Christmas decorations are lovely and your cats posing for their Christmas photo next to the tree is picture perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish I had a better camera but I did get a new bread machine from Santa!

      Delete
  4. Not much snow here in the Ottawa Valley. My sister snd I were both moaning about how much we miss hugs.😕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang in there - things WILL improve eventually!

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you enjoyed your day and it's always a treat to have someone else do the cooking.
    The snow looks magical. Stay safe. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's almost gone again with quite unseasonally mild temperatures again today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not much snow here, and we are hoping for a bit more before the end of the season. It has just been way too dry here on the prairies. Or at least in my little corner.

    Sounds as if you had a lovely Christmas.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete