Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 17 November 2020

Working Out

    Tuesday has been a tennis day since May but today I had to resort to the rowing machine for my daily exercise. I managed 20 minutes at low speed with a break in the middle but only used 92 calories. I may have to sytep things up in the future but "easy does it" for the present time.

   It is extremely cold today with a bitter wind from the North Pole. Only 4C and we are set for some negative numbers overnight and tomorrow. Luckily I found a new (to me) and very cozy winter coat at Value Village yesterday so it had its first outing today. I also found a couple of jigsaw puzzles as I am getting heartily fed up with my current selection.

I had a trip to the bulk food store to buy the makings for the Christmas Plum Pudding. The only thing I couldn't find was ready-to-use beef suet but the local butcher cut me a chunk which I will have to cut up and process myself. My oldest grandson declared it wouldn't be Christmas without setting the plum pudding ablaze!

9 comments:

  1. Are you able to be with your family at Christmas? Hope so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed. They will self=isolate for two weeks before Christmas.

      Delete
  2. I have never made plum pudding and I have always wanted to. Perhaps this is the year to give it a try.

    Saskatchewan has put a new limit on the numbers of people you can have in your home. It is 5 so while we will be able to have the boys here for Christmas, depending on how long that number stays we won't be meeting with the extended family.

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rather labour intensive but I have done it so often I don't find it a chore. Just leave enough time to steam it for three hours and then cool it before wrapping it to store away until Christmas Day. Best to start it in the morning.

      Delete
  3. You remind me that I need to venture to Bulk Barn for my Christmas cake ingredients. I usually make mine on Stir Up Sunday (this year it is really early-Sunday Nov 22nd). I like plum pudding but have never made, I'm with your grandson, like seeing the pudding ablaze. Rowing machine - wow that takes some strength; I've dusted off my exercise bike for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting exercise once the weather turns colder can be challenging! I have never had any success with Christmas cake so usually buy it and add the marzipan and icing myself.

      Delete
  4. I have made mine already and the mincemeat. Just got the Christmas cake left to bake. Things are a little uncertain as to numbers and restrictions as yet but time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are ahead of the game! I made mincemeat once but it was a lot of work and we can get it reasonably at the bulk food store.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to enjoy the rowing machine at the gym, back when that was a good idea. But do we really believe that a machine can know the number of calories we have used?

    ReplyDelete