Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 11 November 2020

More Repairs Needed

    Well, yesterday set a record ( 23C ) for the warmest November 10th since records have been kept. Today we awoke to rain and it got decidedly cooler as the day wore on. Only 8C at the moment.

   We had our last day of tennis for the season and a lovely day it was too! Now the nets and windscreens have been taken down and stored until Spring and we will have to look for some other activity to fill our days and keep us fit. I may have to resort to the rowing machine. Usually I play pickleball in the winter but the community centres are still closed. 

   My car is finally being repaired today and I should be able to pick it up tomorrow. Also today Ahmet, my handyman, came to clean my outside windows and eavestroughs ready for the winter. I did the inside windows myself over the last two days so the house looks sparkly clean. Unfortunately, while he was on the roof he found four holes that raccoons had dug in my shingles which he will have to come back and repair.  This has happened before - just one more bill - so I hope he can do something to prevent the raccoons coming back. This has been an expensive month so far and it isn't quite half way over!

10 comments:

  1. Pickleball is a lovely name - what is it, please. It sounds like something to eat but, obviously, it isn't!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a racquet sport played indoors - hence the reason we can't play at the moment. Google it to see it in action.

      Delete
  2. Thankfully the raccoons haven't gotten in to your attic space. Nasty buggers, while cute, raccoons are so destructive. I wonder if one of those pest removal companies could do something to deter the raccoons (& squirrels), I know some of those companies in our area offer the service, might be worth checking out. Yeah to getting your car back soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am seriously thinking that might be a good idea. They are expensive, though. I had to call them in a previous house.

      Delete
  3. I can't imagine having raccoons on the roof! We have enough trouble trying to keep the mice from getting in through our air bricks and scampering up and down the cavity walls all night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard them so I don't think they have taken up permanent residency yet!

      Delete
  4. The racoons don't sound like fun hopefully your handyman will find a way to move them on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right and can turn into an expensive problem!

      Delete
  5. Pickle ball is definitely something we don't know about over here in the UK - we need pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure it is played there somewhere. It's hugely popular here. Try googling it.

    ReplyDelete