Recipes

Translate

Saturday 30 November 2013

End of November

   I heard on the radio today that there are just 21 days until the Winter Solstice - the shortest day of the year. Then things start to improve as the days get longer again. It's not quite so cold today but still around zero and we could do with some sun to take away the chill.

  I managed to find a bottle of Marsala wine at the liquor store today so was able to give my Christmas cake a soaking. I have to be careful not to add too much alcohol in case the kids get into it. Somehow I don't think it will be to their taste! 

   I took my gingercake and some shortbread to my dance group last night (my turn to bring the "treats") and they were well received. Still some left to nibble on when the notion strikes. For dinner tonight I have a salmon fillet and will broil it and have some quinoa and peas on the side. Stewed plums and frozen yogurt for dessert. Who said cooking dinner is a chore? Nothing easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment