Recipes

Translate

Thursday 28 November 2013

Winter Marmalade

One grapefruit, one lemon and two cups of sugar. Magic!
   Currently got a pan of lemon and grapefruit marmalade boiling away, the only real chore I have done today. However, I did get quite a few loose ends tied up and feel slightly more organized than when I got up this morning and was confronted with last night's dirty dishes!

    After an easy start sorting out paperwork, I headed out, well bundled up as the temperature was in minus territory and the wind chill was -13C. Picked up a bottle of wine for Donalda's gift but couldn't find the Marsala I want to pour on the Christmas cake. I will have to try another LCBO branch and see if they carry it. Made the last deposit of cheques and cash for the Christmas Dance and cashed a cheque to pay the band and door prizes. I think and hope that all else is taken care of. Should be a fun evening. Just before lunch I took a walk around the block; it was lovely in the sun but the wind was very chilly.

   I am running out of reading material but James and I will head to the library first thing tomorrow and hopefully there will be a book waiting for me. Then we will spend an hour at the Early Years Centre which is in the same mall.
 
    Going out for dinner tonight for the "Festive Special" at Swiss Chalet, an annual treat. Usually in December the whole family gets together there one evening so we had better organize that soon as the days seem to fly by on the way up to Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment