The Wine-Knows met again on Saturday afternoon - just 8 of us this time as some are still vacationing - but it was a jolly time and I had to be careful with the wine consumption as there was more to go around. Five interesting wines, 1 white, 1 rosee and three reds. My favourite was one of the reds and it also happened to be the one that scored the most points. We judge the wines on appearance, aroma and taste and that one had a very distinctive bouquet. There were also lots of nibblies so I didn't need dinner when I got home, just a late night snack. The meeting was at one of the member's condo which was on the 17th floor with a spectacular view of the city. I wouldn't mind living there!
Still desperately trying to stay ahead of the tomato crop. The cherry and grape tomatoes are still going strong and the heirloom tomatoes are beginning to produce large specimens. I've had three already (they are a meal unto themselves) and there are still several at the green stage. I'm sure they will ripen before too long. So every meal has to contain tomatoes in some form. Tonight it's chicken parmigiana with eggplant casserole and corn kernels.
No comments:
Post a Comment