Gorgeous day today - sunny with a few clouds, not too warm, around 24C. The tennis club always puts on a social on holidays so I left here around 10:00 a.m. for some light tennis and a BBQ lunch, all very pleasant and a chance to socialize.
I just played two short sets (we were time limited for the maximum number of people on the courts) with some new faces and I acquitted myself respectfully. Lunch was juicy chicken souvlaki skewers, Greek salad and potato salad, cake to follow with water melon for those that preferred something refreshing. And, of course, coffee on tap!
Home by 1:30 and, after a nap, I cut the back lawn and did some garden tidy up. By then I was hot and sweaty so had a swim and dried off on the patio for half-an-hour. The rest of the afternoon was spent watching the U.S. Open tennis, no particularly exciting matches but interesting nevertheless. So it has been a busy and productive day and I will sleep well tonight with all that fresh air and exercise.
No comments:
Post a Comment