Recipes

Translate

Wednesday, 1 July 2026

Canada Day

    A bit of a scorcher today for our national holiday. The temp in my car was at 37C when I drove home today. I had been at the tennis social but, like several others, didn't set foot on the court because of the heat. I couldn't even venture on to the practice court to hit a few balls, felt quite dizzy and sick.

    I did manage to eat the nice lunch they provided, BBQ hot dogs and green and potato salads with coffee and a special Canada Day cake for dessert. And prizes! I was lucky enough to get a new tape for the grip on my racket. Then we sang "Oh, Canada" just because of the special day.

   Since then I have been hiding indoors, watching the last few matches at Wimbledon (the time difference means we only get it until mid-afternoon), napping and reading. My current book is good, "Whistler" by Ann Patchett if you are looking for an engaging summer read.

   I will go out later and water the plants in the back yard which seem to fade in the hot weather. The front yard has to look after itself!

5 comments:

  1. Can’t imagine playing tennis in this heat! We got a bit of a blustery storm and rain late this afternoon so that took care of watering for me, at least for today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could do with some rain but nothing in the forecast for a few days. I will keep watering.

      Delete
  2. I stay in the shade when it is so got - tennis would be right out of the picture. I hope you're feeling a but better now. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was fine once I got home and cooled off in the pool. I didn't go to todays social either, still too hot!

      Delete
  3. I heard Whistler was good.

    ReplyDelete