.......just a little cherry tomato and I ate it straight off the vine. It was delicious. I only have five plants this year and, although most have lots of flowers, there are only a few green tomatoes so far.
A little bugger got one of my tiny zucchini last night - I can't think that it was worth the effort as it's still early days with the zucchini plants. Lots of flowers but not much produce so far. I will keep them well watered and fingers crossed.
So hot today, I was in the pool three times just to cool off. Too hot to sit in the sun as I usually do to dry off, just straight back inside. I did trim a couple of bushes which were in the shade (the reason I required the cooling dips) but once all the clippings were cleared away, that was it for gardening today. Once the sun is down I will put away all my gardening tools and bins of clippings.
I have been trying to clear my ears of wax this week in preparation for consulting my doctor about my hearing. People are complaining I am forever asking them to repeat things and it is annoying for me too. The ear wax removal treatment doesn't seem to be very effective (drops in each ear for a few minutes then rinse, twice a day) but I will persevere for another day or two. Also, today I had to book a driving test which has to be done every other year here once you are 80. It's just a vision and cognitive test and doesn't take long, no road test, thank goodness - this will be my third time!
If my maths is correct you look wonderful for 86.
ReplyDeleteI'm just coming up for 84 and the photo is not recent!
DeleteGood Luck with you driving test. My first one was delayed due to covid, third one next year. Some 80 + drivers do not look well enough to be behind the wheel. when they are entering the building for the test.
ReplyDeleteI've noticed that too, Pat! However, I won't complain as long as I pass for another two years!
DeleteI am not sure what happens here in Saskatchewan as far as driver requirements as we age. I perhaps should look into that very soon as Harvey turns 76 this month.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
He probably still has a few years to go.
Delete