I woke up this morning to a very strange sky. The sun was a barely visible orange ball and the sky was quite dark with a weird brown colour. Turns out this is air pollution from forest fires in Northern Ontario. This has lasted all day but yesterday's awful heat has fortunately dissipated.
I haven't been affected by the poor air quality but several people did say they were having trouble breathing and not too many were at Fitness class this morning. We just need the wind direction to change a bit - it was from the north west most of the day and is now WNW.
I have all the windows open and the house has cooled down considerably. Yesterday was really unbearable even with the AC working overtime. At one point my car temp gauge registered 37C. Currently it's 22C. but tomorrow it is forecast to get up to 29C. We are due some rain by the end of the week which will also help to clear the air.
It is very smoky and hazy here (about 3 hours north/west of you). -Jenn
ReplyDeleteHope it's a bit clearer for you today. I can still smell the smoke in the air.
DeleteYesterday, Wednesday the smoke blew in very thick early afternoon. Did not even see anything that resembled a sun set it just got dark. This morning it does look as if it might have improved slightly.
ReplyDeleteYes, better here too, today. At least I can see the sun!
DeleteHere we are getting the smoke from the fires in Colorado. So far it is just making the sky hazy with the slightest smell of smoke.
ReplyDeleteHope it clears up and the fires get under control.
God bless.
Today the wind was from the south east so the air quality wasn't an issue, thankfully!
DeleteWild fires are terrible in many ways. Several years ago in Italy we had to evacuate for a while but happily no harm done to property. We felt the effects for several days afterwards both air quality and deep ash that had blown onto the houses. It’s awful for nature and wildlife too so I hope there are no more.
ReplyDeleteThe boreal forest in northern Ontario is huge and many of the fires are in inaccessible areas.
Delete