Recipes

Translate

Monday 30 September 2024

No Chocolate Left Uneaten

    Lots of treats this weekend as it is my birthday today. Fresh flowers and chocolates from both kids and an invite to dinner later this week when oldest grandson is home from uni for the weekend.

   In addition, last Friday at the Seniors' Centre Volunteer Appreciation lunch there were more gifts and chocolate and I also won a raffle prize - a couple of kitchen gadgets which I plan to exchange. The lunch was quite delicious and there was a huge cake for dessert. Our local councillor was in attendance to hand out certificates; there were about 30 of us recognized for our efforts on behalf of the seniors. Lastly, one of my tennis friends produced my favourite Lindor truffles at the courts on Sunday as an early Birthday present and I am ashamed to say I ate them all in one go that night while watching TV!

   Having consumed so much chocolate over the last two days I am determined to cut back on my chocolate consumption for the next week or so but will finish what I have in the house first. No point in leaving temptation in the way of my good resolve!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday for yesterday. I too love Lindor truffles and like you have to finish them as soon as possible. Happy October as well
    Val from Sufffolk x

    ReplyDelete