Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 14 August 2024

    Still picking lots of tomatoes and the zucchini plants have taken on a new growth spurt. I made zucchini fritters yesterday and had them with a tomato and cucumber salad. Tomorrow I plan to make zucchini chocolate cake (remembered to pick up some coca powder today) and another batch of Bolongaise sauce for the freezer. 

   Apart from all that I need to keep ahead of the grass cutting as we have had lots of rain recently and it is growing gangbusters, also the weeds! So there is always something to do in the garden.

    Last week I was out every day at the tennis tournament - the Canadian Open - as a volunteer, scanning tickets at the entry gate. The women were playing here and the men in Montreal and, as far as the women went, it was all-Americans, although a Canadian was in the doubles final. I think the men had a greater variety of countries represented. 

   Now I am off to make a pre-prandial appetizer with, you guessed it, tomatoes. It will be bruschetta (pronounced "bruscetta" according to Gino my favourite Italian cooking show host) and, with some garlic, olive oil and grated Parmesan, it will be delicious!

8 comments:

  1. Gardens are such a responsibility, aren't they?
    I love the sound of your appetiser. Mmmmm. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly doesn't pay to let things slide!

      Delete
  2. I know in years past working the tennis tournament was quite the effort. Was it less so this year without the men's play?
    You're having some nice fresh summer food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, not the crowds we get when the men are playing.

      Delete
  3. Yum, the appetizer sounds wonderful. Our garden is actually producing now and I need to get things processed quicker.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used tomatoes and zucchini in a no-noodle lasagna today. It was delicious and made enough for another three meals.

      Delete
  4. Oh "bruscetta" made with your own tomatoes sounds absolutely delicious. I cannot believe how zucchinis enhance the deliciousness of chocolate cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really enjoying the fruits of my garden this summer!

    ReplyDelete