Recipes

Translate

Thursday 29 August 2024

Nearing the End

    After some hot days, the nights are becoming cooler so I am thinking we are approaching the end of the summer. I had a dip in the pool today, after an hour of sweaty gardening, but it may be the last. It's still a month until the pool is closed down so I will try and brave the cooler water for as long as possible. Stay tuned!

    Nothing much going on in my neck of the woods. Last week I went for Dim Sum with some friends from my Probus club, that was a fun and cheap (only $12) lunch and I hope we do it again. I love Dim Sum which means "little treasures". They are bite-sized tasty dumplings and other concoctions both sweet and savoury, and are shared around a table with a lazy susan in the centre.  A very communal way of dining.

   There was another BBQ at the Seniors' Centre last week too which is also a good deal, just $5 for a beef burger, potato salad and coleslaw, with a pop and ice cream included. Can't beat that price!

   This week I have been kept entertained watching the U.S Tennis Open, still one Canadian surviving but he is in the middle of a tight match with a French opponent at the moment. Hope he survives. He has a massive serve which has got him out of trouble in a couple of games so far. Must stop and see how he is doing. 

8 comments:

  1. I love dim sum and $12 for lunch is a bargain.
    You are cooling down and we are warming up. I wonder if our summer will be as hot as our winter was cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spoke too soon - it was sunny and hot again today so two dips!

      Delete
  2. I don't particularly enjoy the slow transition between summer and autumn. I hope you might manage a few more swims before it becomes too cold for you. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as the heat lasts I can stand the colder water. It's refreshing!

      Delete
  3. The cooler nights we are having are certainly a sign of summer coming to an end.
    I am not a fan of din sum, however, glad you enjoyed it.
    I hope some warm days will allow another swim in the pool before it is shut down for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dim Sum was more of a socializing opportunity than a food experience. Although I usually like any type of Chinese food.

      Delete
  4. Cooler nights here as well, with lots of heavy dew in the morning. Loving that we have managed to keep the AC off for a couple of days. I do hope you get to use the pool a bit more before closing it down.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. September can be a bit of a lottery but I decided to keep it open for three more weeks as, in the past, I've closed it too early and regretted not being able to swim.

      Delete