Recipes

Translate

Thursday 8 April 2021

More Books from the Library

    My latest haul from the library - thanks be that they are to remain open for pickups during our latest lockdown!



     I have finished "The Sea Gate", a quirky but entertaining adventure spread over two time periods, WWII and present day with lively and endearing characters. 
    
   Currently reading (and thoroughly into) "The Butterfly House", a crime/detective story set in Copenhagen by a Danish author. The translation is a little awkward in places but doesn't detract from the overall quality of the writing.
   
   Dipped into "The Forgotten Sister" but not really entranced by it, although I do love historical fiction (this one is Tudor times and present day). I will certainly give it a go.






9 comments:

  1. I will give The Sea Gate a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you can still access library books.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has certainly kept me sane during the pandemic!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the recommendations. I am also very thankful that the library can still do curbside pick ups. Once again the "lockdown" rules are confusing ... stay home unless absolutely necessary to go out for work, food, doctor ... or if you need to play a round of golf. I'm just hopeful that the garden centres can open as planned mid month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've requested the Sea Gate one from the library - the WWII bit being the thing that drew me in. Thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Sea Gate sounds interesting as I do like a good adventure story. I was also drawn to The Forgotten Sister as you mentioned Tudor times,rather a magical word for me as I read a lot about that era although I mostly like anything historical. Happy reading Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just about to start it - will let you know how it comes along.

    ReplyDelete