Recipes

Translate

Friday 15 January 2021

A Successful Departure

    My house guests are on their way to (mostly) sunny Victoria - at least there's no snow!

   We had a socially distanced farewell visit from the other family on my porch this morning. Who knows when we will all meet again. I drove Steve and the cats to the airport this afternoon and have just received a text that they are all checked in and on board the plane. Still quite nervous as to how the cats will cope with the flight (and a second one from Vancouver to Victoria) so I will be very relieved when I hear that they have arrived safely.

   It has been a long haul since they came to stay in September and, although it was lovely to have the company, I am quite happy to have the house to myself once more.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely to have been able to help out in that way but I know what you mean. It's quite a long time. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have spent today putting the house to rights. There was a lot of cat hair!

      Delete
  2. Hope all goes well with the flights. Enjoy the peace and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have arrived safely though rather traumatized. However, being cats, they will soon forget their ordeal and settle into their new home, I'm sure.

      Delete
  3. Our one sons cat used to cry all the time he would travel in the car. We would finally tell Kris to hold Ray and things were just fine then. Don't know if you can do that on a plane.

    Glad that they made it safely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete