Recipes

Translate

Thursday, 8 October 2026

Changing of the Seasons

   Big weekend coming up as it is Thanksgiving. Lunch with the family on Sunday and another social at the tennis club on Monday with more food. 

   We had a couple of frosty nights recently and I brought in most of my outdoor plants. They have done well over the summer as they seem to like the big outdoors. They always seem to die back a bit over the winter - less sun and dry conditions - but will perk up again once Spring rolls around.

   I am still picking tomatoes although I have removed three of the plants after picking a tray full of green ones. I knew they wouldn't ripen outdoors any time soon but they will keep for another month or so.

   It's still warm enough to sit outside most days and we are still getting lots of sun. However, I have started switching over to more seasonal clothes and packing away the summer outfits. The pool is closed for the season so no need for my swimsuit!

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your meal with the family. We are doing Thanksgiving on Sunday as well. The sons will be heading home on the Monday.
    I have a few boxes of tomatoes in the hall and some are ripening quite nicely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. We have two extra this time. My son and DIL are back from Victoria so it will be a full house!

      Delete
  2. The days have been lovely, and we have had only one morning when I saw the roof tops white with frost. Enjoy your time with family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are also able to celebrate with family, Pat.

      Delete