On Saturday I received tickets to watch some matches at the Canadian Open Tennis tournament. This was because I am newly retired from volunteering at the event. I got my 20 year pin last year and decided "enough was enough". The tickets were for a suite on the second level - a great view of the court. I happened to run into my friend Susan just after I arrived and invited her to join me in the suite. There was a lovely lunch provided so we tucked in and settled to watch the afternoon matches. I stayed until the final match was underway but decided to make my way home as it was a bit of a trek to the parking lot. Home by 4:00 p.m. and watched the end of the match on TV.
Today I went for a hearing check and came home with a pair of hearing aids to try out. After the test I was told I just have mild to moderate hearing loss but have been having difficulty following conversations recently. I will give them a try before I decide to buy, they are rather expensive. My health plan will cover some of the cost, thankfully.
Spent the rest of the afternoon pulling weeds but, rain stopped play for a while. I have a nice veal chop (on offer 30% off) for dinner and will start up the BBQ soon. That and a "fresh from the farm" corn cob with a glass of red wine will be dinner tonight. Yum!
While trying them out, I would suggest you be in every group of people and environment possible. I have hearing aids and I find that terrible to listen to conversations when in a group.
ReplyDeleteDinner sounded good.
Thanks for the advice, Pat. I wore them to the cinema today( The Odyssey) but still found some of the speech muffled.
DeleteHow did you find The Odyssey? Would you recommend to see it?
DeleteIf you like an action-packed movie, give it a try. I really can't say it was fabulous and the American accents of the Greeks was a bit off-putting!
DeleteI have been trying to get Harvey to try out some hearing aids and get a raised eyebrow.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
They were useful in a meeting this week but, to tell the truth, I have barely used them!
Delete