Today was my car license renewal appointment and another opportunity to try out the hearing aids. This was the third time since I reached 80 that I have had to take the test and the hardest part was finding the Service Ontario centre where it was held. I had to navigate a part of town where a new tram line has just been opened with confusing road signs but I managed to get there on time. First there was an eye test followed by the cognitive portion (drawing a clock face showing the time) and that was all. After just 10 or so minutes the clerk congratulated me and declared me good to drive for another two years. Yay!!!
My current home project, which I started last week with the help of youngest grandson, is to remove the carpet in the family room. It is badly stained and doesn't even look good after cleaning. It was in place when I bought the house so is at least 30 years old, so it is time for it to go. Last weekend James cut up a portion of the carpet and rolled it up to go out for the garbage pickup. Next job was removing the wooden strips that the carpet was attached to, not my forte but he was good at that! Lastly, my job, was to remove the underpadding which had completely decomposed and was stuck to the wooden floor underneath. That has been the worst part of the job and is proving a problem to dispose of as it is extremely sticky and heavy. One load went out for garbage pickup yesterday but there are many more to go before we are done. Luckily there is no rush to get it done and James will help me again this weekend. The wooden floor underneath will look good once we have got all the gunk off it. Never a dull moment chez moi!
I hope the hearing aids are working okay for you.
ReplyDeleteGlad you passed your license test, it is an easy one, isn't it.
Been there done that with old carpet. Lots of work, but worth it in the end.