Recipes

Translate

Monday 14 October 2024

Giving Thanks

    Today was Thanksgiving Day in Canada but, for me, it has been another week of overeating!

    Last Thursday, at the Seniors' Centre it was pumpkin pie day to all who showed up. There was actually a choice of pumpkin or apple but I had the traditional pumpkin with whipped cream. Yummy!

   On Saturday I was invited to a community dinner at the local church even though I'm not a church-goer. This time it was the full meal - turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, vegetables and coleslaw followed by, you guessed it, pumpkin or apple pie! This time I chose apple and it was excellent as was all the food. I went home rather over stuffed, just like the turkey!

    Sunday was a quiet day at home with very light meals but today, again, it was the whole works with the family, another delicious meal starting with pumpkin soup and this time it was back to pumpkin pie. I brought home some leftovers (mostly brussell sprouts as I'm the only one who really likes them). Guess what I will be eating for dinner tomorrow! By that time I will be thoroughly sick of turkey and anything that tastes of pumpkin!

BTW, before the family meal we went around the table saying what we were thankful for and the main sentiment was to be healthy and to have sufficient food, given how many people around the world who are affected by wars and horrendous weather are having to go without.

No comments:

Post a Comment