Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 8 October 2024

Autumn Days

    Decidedly cooler today although I haven't had to turn on the heat yet. We were well wrapped up for tennis this morning but I had stripped off two layers by the time I stopped. Our tennis days are drawing to a close as one club moves over to indoor tennis next week by erecting a "bubble" over the courts (I don't join as it is too expensive) and the other club closes down at the end of October. That will be it until next April, sadly.

   The overnight temperature is set to be around 6C tonight so I have brought in all my indoor plants that have been summering outside. I checked them for bugs before bringing them in but inevitably will have missed a few! The plants themselves are all looking very healthy and seem to have benefitted from the extra light they get outdoors. They will likely die back a bit in the coming months but right now look very healthy. The fern has done especially well but the Hibiscus will need to be pruned as it has grown rather tall and spindly. 

  Off to warm up some leftovers for dinner. I made a big batch of rice and chicken stir-fry the other day so it will hit the spot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment