Recipes

Translate

Saturday 24 March 2018

Bah, Humbug!!

   My oven went on the fritz yesterday - took forever to heat up and never really reached the required temperature. I ended up putting on the broiler and turning the meat every so often to avoid it charring. Very frustrating!

   This is a relatively new stove, no more than three years old. The previous one (with a few replacement parts) lasted over twenty years. Unable to get hold of a repair man today and I have a very busy week coming up so may have to wait some time to get it repaired. So, will have to come up with new and novel ways of cooking - it will mostly be on the stove top, I guess!



3 comments:

  1. Well, rats. I really don't think appliances are meant to last more than a few years anymore. Where is that lovely scene in your header photo? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stove's a Maytag and I thought they were more reliable! Can't remember where I took the photo, somewhere in Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very frustrating for you. I noticed on Wednesday when I was baking brownies that my oven temperatures don't reach what I set it at. I don't even want to think of shopping for a new stove. Good luck with the repairs. ... Mary-Lou =^..^=

    ReplyDelete