Lunch with the Wine-Knows was fun but I wasn't too impressed by the meal. The last time I was at that particular restaurant I had a very nice piece of salmon but it wasn't on the "pris fixe" menu this time. I had a very huge Caesar salad, pork and veal tagliatelle (also huge so I took most of it home) and finally, a delicious peach panna cotta and a cappuchino. Of course, there was wine (I chose a Valpollicello which went very well with the meal) so it was a very jolly afternoon and we didn't roll out of there until 4:00 p.m. We did manage to set up our next wine tasting which will be at Suman's condo in September - looking forward to seeing her place and tasting her wine choices.
Things have been quiet since Thursday (just tennis on Friday and a quick trip to the grocery store) but I did pick up some tomato and Swiss Chard plants and got them into the ground. The weather has been gorgeous - sunny but not humid and cooling off at night. I could take this kind of weather right through until September. I have been in the pool several times and it's still May. Whoo-hoo!
Your meals at restaurants do sound quite tasty, the wine helps I'm sure. It has been beautiful weather hasn't it, like you it would be nice to stay like this, but we know it will not.
ReplyDeleteThere are so many cuisines to try in near proximity to me that I am sure I'll never run out of interesting dining experiences!
DeleteIt all sounds great fun. Good luck with the new plants. xx
ReplyDeleteThey are all in the ground and well watered. Fingers crossed they grow and produce plenty.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a wonderful time with the group. I will keep my fingers crossed that you get plenty of growth and a good harvest from your plants.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Thanks jackie. It's been so hot here I am having to water constantly.
Delete