Recipes

Translate

Thursday 22 July 2021

First Sunflower

    Got rid of the rest of the giant zucchini to daughter yesterday - she and James came over for a chat and a swim although it wasn't very warm. She has lots of recipes so will use it up quickly.

   Tennis first thing today and it was much more pleasant, hardly humid at all and quite fresh. We weren't able to get a court next Sunday so it will be a day of leisure. The booking system is quite a good idea but, in the past, we would just show up and hope for a court. 

    Several of the sunflowers are developing "heads" but this is the first one to open. Still a while until the seeds ripen.



10 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful sunflower, isn't it?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful. The first sunflower is always a joy. Mine are still a little while off yet. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, such a lovely flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They always seem to say Hello sun!
    Such a cheerful sight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's pretty obvious why it is called sunflower! It's so gorgeous! Zucchini one of the things I can eat at present...gentle on the stomach. I use it in a chicken and rice soup at present. Pre-diet I used to make a potato and zucchini omelette. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sunflower - lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see what the birds do with the seeds once they are ripe. My grandson is all ready to toast them for snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, I am always happy to see sunflowers and fortunately they have some staying power so we can enjoy them for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sunflowers always make me smile.

    I have a couple of zucchini here that I need to do something with very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a zucchini lasagna today. It's still in the oven (my first attempt) but I will post how it turned out. I have a recipe for a zucchini loaf which a friend says is easy and delicious. Maybe I will try that tomorrow.

      Delete