Recipes

Translate

Friday 23 February 2018

Still No Sun

   A dull gloomy day but not too cold. After yesterday's long post, this will be a short one - not much happened. Thank goodness I have a good book on the go, "Belgravia" by Julian Fellowes, he of "Downton Abbey" fame. It's set in the 19th century and is the kind of book I really enjoy, so lots of reading today.

   Fitness class this morning and afterwards I hung around chatting over coffee for almost an hour. We are a very compatible group and the range of topics discussed was far-reaching.

   I made shortbread cookies this afternoon but, for some reason, couldn't get the dough to stick together. Either the butter was too cold or I made a mistake with the quantities of the dry ingredients. After much kneading I did manage to cut out the cookies and they are in the freezer for next week's Book Club. Lynne and I are "on treats".

   Fish, cabbage and the last of the eggplant casserole for dinner tonight. Almost out of everything fresh so tomorrow's shop will be a big one.

No comments:

Post a Comment