Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 7 February 2018

After the Storm

   I was late for fitness class this morning as the driving was very slow - cars were having trouble getting going after a stop at the traffic lights. We had about 10cms.of snow overnight. I think everyone else (including our instructor) had the same slow drive there as I only missed the warm-up.

   I had decided not to try to run errands in between classes - just stayed chatting over coffee -  so was at the Senior's Centre until 3:00 p.m. The classes today were all small as loads of people had decided to stay home. So, not too many customers at the coffee bar.

   The drive home was much easier as the snow had stopped by then and the ploughs had cleared the main roads. I got the snowblower fired up when I got home and had the driveway and sidewalk cleared lickety split. It's a bit hard to manouver but certainly does the job much more quickly than shovelling. It will need a tidy up tomorrow but I have nothing planned until the afternoon. Then there's another storm expected on Friday!

   I forgot to take anything out of the freezer for dinner so will have to make do with leftovers. At least nothing goes to waste in this house!

No comments:

Post a Comment