Recipes

Translate

Friday 17 November 2017

Year End in the Garden

   Finally a night at home! Well, I did skip my dance group on Wednesday but it feels like I have been out every night this week.

   Frost overnight and it only got up to 3 or 4C today. I stayed quite a long time at the Senior's Centre after Fitness class as it was nice and warm and lots of people to chat with. Home by 11:00 and spent an hour raking leaves. Despite wearing a pair of gloves under my gardening ones, my hands were frozen by the time I had got all the leaves in the composter. The rest will get done on the weekend (unless it rains or snows) and will have to go to the curb as the composter is now full. Before I did that I dug out some of the well decomposed stuff from the bottom to put on the roses so that's another chore done.

   A long nap this afternoon as I didn't sleep well last night despite all the tips from the expert on Thursday. I was working on my jigsaw puzzle until 12:45 a.m. and then read for a while - his advice to get up and do something if you don't fall asleep within 20 minutes of going to bed. That did seem to work but I was awake by 6:30 so just 5 hours of sleep. It will be an early night tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment