Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 20 September 2017

A Couple of Treats

     Forgot to mention that yesterday I was the highest bidder on one of the items in the Silent Auction at our lunch. It was a collection of chutneys and relishes, left over from a sale at the convention, nine small jars for $13. That's just over $1.50 each, quite a bargain. Some I will use myself (especially the cranberry chutney!) and some I will give as hostess gifts.



   This morning I had three huge tomatoes and a hot pepper to use up so I made a batch of salsa. It turned out very well but I shouldn't have used the whole pepper as it is too hot for me! It will go to my son-in-law who loves things spicy. I had bought the pepper plants on sale at the garden centre but they had no label. I will know better next time not to take the chance.



    After that and a bit of gardening I cleaned up and walked over to the Senior's Centre for my shift in the coffee bar. Only made one pot of coffee and there was even some of that left as the classes are still out. But there was birthday cake for one of the ladies (chocolate) so I got a treat! I am wondering if I should bother going next week. It was very hot walking home so I have stayed indoors since. It is cooling off a bit now and I have the windows open. Thank goodness it gets fresher over night.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment