Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 29 August 2017

Books and Berries

   I didn't stay long at tennis this morning - it was very busy and hot so after three sets I came home to have a swim (very chilly but refreshing) and watch the US Open. I saw several good matches but, unfortunately, it's now raining in New York so there will only be the matches on the court with a roof this evening. We could do with some rain here!

   I have just finished a very peculiar book - "The Ocean at the End of the Lane". I would describe it as fantasy. It really was very confusing and did not have a satisfying conclusion as I still did not understand it. However, it was compelling reading and I finished it over a couple of days. I can't say I would recommend it but if you want something out of the ordinary, try it.

    The blackbirds have started to devour the berries in the Mountain Ash so I thought I had better get a photo before they are all gone. There is a huge crop this year!

This is just one branch - the whole tree is similarly loaded!


2 comments:

  1. That mountain ash is stunning with all those berries. I've never seen one so full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When there are so many berries it is supposed to forecast a hard winter!

      Delete